How to create an invitation email
To create a new invitation email, enter an Event, and click on the link "Invitations" on the main menu on top right.
You'll see all the invitations that have been created for the event.
You have different options here:
- Create a new invitation
- Duplicate an existing invitation
Let's create an invitation from scratch by clicking the button "Create invitation".
The creation of each Email invitation is made of 4 Steps:
The first step is to select the recipients that will receive your invitation.
Use the filters on the left, and select the people you want to send the invitation to.
(On the right, the system will automatically tell you how many recipients have been selected)
Please notice that among all your Contacts, the list on the left will show as available recipients only:
- the people that have been added to the event
- the contacts that have a valid email address
The second step is about the information to setup the invitation:
- Name your campaign: the name that you will use to distinguish this mailing from others (the recipients won't see this information)
- Email Subject: the email Subject
- From Name: the name that will appear as Sender, regardless of the email address (i.e. Press office, or Amy Bennet)
- From Email address: the email address that will appear in the From field
We strongly recommend to use your own domain here, to increase the chance of avoiding spam filters. To see how to do it, you should set up a custom DKIM authentication for your domain.
In the template section you will be able to easily create a responsive template by using our intuitive editor on the right.
You will be able to add and manage:
- a Logo
- a Banner image
- the background color
- the Text of the message (title and body)
- a RSVP Button
- a QR Code, to scan guest invitation at the check-in
- the Footer text
The system will automatically check if there's any issue with your invitation, ie:
- No recipients selected
- No email address in the setup
- The Title is still the one from the initial example
And in case it will suggest you what to correct.