In Magnetiq you can use a CSV (comma-separated values) file to import, update and export products in bulk and their details at a time.
Starting with the CSV file
You can download and view our generic sample product CSV file to use as a template:
We recommend open the CSV file with:
If you want more information about CSV files, how they work, and how to use them with the different softwares, read the article: How to use CSV files
The sample file contains some example products and some related variants (if you use the sample file to create your own import file, then make sure that you remove the example products).
Product CSV format
- CSV header: The first line of your product CSV must include the field headers described in the sample file, in the same order.
- Product data: Later lines in the file should contain data for your product using the same fields in that exact same order.
Each product must have 2 (or more) rows:
1. One row with the general product data
The SKU of the product. Visually it's a box in the line sheet, like in the example image below. Each Item SKU can have multiple variants. In case you want to show the variants as boxes in the line sheet, you can repeat the same Item SKU in the CSV file with a dedicated variant for each item.
You can assign a Line to each product. For example, Clothing, Accessories
You can assign a Category to each product. For example, T-Shirts, Tops, Trousers, Jeans, etc.
The name of your product. For example, Satin Blazer
The description of the product. You can break lines inside the text to create paragraphs.
2. At least one row, or multiple rows, with the variants related to the product
Variant SKU: The SKU of the Variant. This will be used to associated media files related to the product.
The Variant is represented by the combination of the value you will enter in the following fields: Color, Option 1, Option 2.
Variant color. For example, Black.
Option 1 Name
If the variant has a first option, then enter its name. For example, Size
Option 1 Value
If the variant has a first option, then enter its value. For example, M
Option 2 Name
If the variant has a second option, then enter its name. For example, Length
Option 2 Value
If the variant has a first option, then enter its value. For example, 32
Updating existing product data
If you want to make changes to your products, you need to export your products first.
In the Products section, go to the "Manage Products" box, select a collection (if you want to work on the data of a specific collection), then click on "Download CSV with current data".
Before you change the CSV file, make sure you make a copy of it, so that you have a backup of your product data.
- Adding product or variants: To add Products or Variants, simply add the desired rows inside the CSV, while paying attention not to delete any data.
- Modifying products or variants: If you want to modify one or more items or variants, modify the pertinent rows with the new data.
- Deleting products: Identify the row related to the Item SKU you want to delete, and then delete it.
Uploading the CSV file
Once you've completed your CSV file, go to the Products section > Manage Products box:
- select the Collection you want to update
- select your CSV file
- click "Import Products"
Importing product prices
The following step might be to import your product prices. You can do it with a CSV file, as explained in the related article: Importing prices with a CSV file